Skip to content
Our website is currently under maintenance. For inquiries and bookings, call us at (802) 253 – 4217.
Is the Riverside Inn for You?
1. You arrive at the inn and find a notice on the front desk saying "It's far too nice a day to be down here, we are all up the mountain, skiing. See you at the check in time of 3 PM." What do you think?
"Of course they're not here, it's a powder day."
"No problem! Plenty of places to check out before check in."
"What? Where are the full-time front desk clerk and bellboy."
2. You check in and find that the room you booked, described as "two twin beds with a shared bathroom," is exactly that. What do you think?
"That's what I booked and it is great value at $79."
"Hey, great, it's got a flat screen TV!"
"Where is the en-suite bathroom and how are we going to sleep 5 of us in here?"
3. You call to book a room in April and are told that the Riverside Inn won't be open as Kay and Julian are going away on vacation. What do you think?
"What was I thinking? Why would I want to visit Stowe in April anyway?"
"Good for them! Hope that they enjoy their vacation."
"Can't they go on vacation when I don't want to come go to Stowe?"
4. You phone to explain that you will not be arriving until 2 AM and ask if that will be a problem.
You are thrilled when you are told which room you will have and that it will be left open for you.
You are pleased to hear that instructions on how to get to your room will be left at the front desk.
You vow never to enquire again as there will be no 24 hour desk clerk!
5. The floor in your room creaks a little and seems to tilt a bit.
"How quaint. I love staying in a room in a building that is nearly 200 years old."
"It's so nice to get away from the characterless, generic, chain properties one often has to stay at."
"I would never have to put up with this at a Holiday Inn Express."